The National Yacht Club allows for a unique cruising environment. Members can make extended journeys throughout the Great Lakes, the St Lawrence and beyond. Reciprocity with other yacht clubs means that NYC welcomes guests from other clubs. In exchange, our members enjoy the services and hospitality of a large network of clubs around the lakes.
The National Yacht Club is not just a place for boat owners. For members who enjoy cruising, but don’t have boats, the club has developed a programme to enable them to participate in casual, week-night cruising. Join the CREW BANK to sign up for a cruise, or a race!
Being in the city, close to downtown, brings other advantages. Sailors at the National can enjoy quick evening cruises and spur-of-the-moment day-sailing. There is no long drive; no ferry, and no launch to catch.
2014 Cruising Schedule
- May 31 – Sailpast
- June 7 – Sips on Slips
- June 21 – Toronto Burn Survivor Sail for Hope
- June 28 & 29 – Cruise to Whitby Yacht Club
- July 19 – Drain the Basin Regatta
- August 2, 3 & 4 – Cruise to the Oakville Club
- August 23 & 24 – Commodore’s Cruise to Ashbridge’s Bay Yacht Club
- August 30 to September 1 – Labour Day Cruise to Royal Hamilton Yacht Club
Pre-register on the “Cruising” bulletin board