National Yacht Club’s weekend cruising program is a fantastic way to meet your fellow members and get out on the water to visit reciprocal yacht clubs! Our cruises take place various weekends throughout the sailing season and vary from fun day-trips to extended two to three day journeys throughout the Great Lakes, the St Lawrence and beyond. Reciprocity with other yacht clubs means that NYC welcomes guests from other club and in exchange, our members enjoy the services and hospitality of a large network of clubs around the lakes.
NYC’s Club Cruises are scheduled by member-volunteers who organize a flotilla of NYC boats to journey to other yacht clubs for sailing, fun and frolic. For those new to boating or cruising, this is a great way to gain cruising experience by taking advantage of safety in numbers while you get your sea legs! Along with the enjoyment of travelling by boat between clubs, a typical cruise schedule might include a group BBQ, dinner at a local restaurant, group potluck, patio dancing, costume or boat decoration competitions, shopping, swimming, a winery tour or live theater, depending on the venue.
2019 Cruising Schedule
- May 20 – Spring Around the Island Cruise at NYC
- June 8 – Sailpast at NYC
- June 15 & 16 – Cruise to Etobicoke Yacht Club
- June 22 – NYC Summer Social at NYC
- June 29 to July 1 – Canada Day Cruise to Cobourg Marina
- July 6 – Bites on Boats at NYC
- July 13 & 14 – Kid’s Cruise destination TBA
- July 20 & 21 – Cruise to the Oakville Club
- July 27 & 28 – Commodore’s Cruise to Port Credit Yacht Club
- August 3 to 5 – Cruise to Island Yacht Club – Wilson, New York
- August 10 & 11 – Cruise to Port Dalhousie Yacht Club
- August 17 – Poker Run at NYC
- August 24 & 25 – Cruise to 50 Point Marina
- August 31 to September 2 – Labour Day Cruise to Royal Hamilton Yacht Club
- September 6 to 8 – Cruise to Port Credit Marina
- September 14 & 15 – Cruise to Lakeshore Yacht Club
- October 5 – Fall Around the Island Cruise at NYC
Both sail and power boats are welcome. Registration is required because space must be arranged at the destination club. To register fill out the sign-up sheets on the bulletin board near the washrooms
For more information about Club Cruising contact email@example.com.
National Yacht Club is not just a place for boat owners. For members who enjoy cruising, but don’t have boats, the club has developed a program to enable them to participate in casual, weeknight cruising. Join the Weeknight Cruising Program to sign up for a cruise!