National Yacht Club's weekend cruising program is a fantastic way to meet your fellow members and get out on the water to visit reciprocal yacht clubs! Our cruises take place various weekends throughout the sailing season and vary from fun day-trips to extended two to three day journeys throughout the Great Lakes, the St Lawrence and beyond. Reciprocity with other yacht clubs means that NYC welcomes guests from other club and in exchange, our members enjoy the services and hospitality of a large network of clubs around the lakes.
NYC's Club Cruises are scheduled by member-volunteers who organize a flotilla of NYC boats to journey to other yacht clubs for sailing, fun and frolic. For those new to boating or cruising, this is a great way to gain cruising experience by taking advantage of safety in numbers while you get your sea legs! Along with the enjoyment of travelling by boat between clubs, a typical cruise schedule might include a group BBQ, dinner at a local restaurant, group potluck, patio dancing, costume or boat decoration competitions, shopping, swimming, a winery tour or live theater, depending on the venue.
2018 Cruising Schedule
- May 21 - Spring Around the Island Cruise at NYC
- June 9 - Sailpast at NYC
- June 16 & 17 - Cruise to Etobicoke Yacht Club
- June 23 - NYC Summer Social at NYC
- June 30 to July 2 - Canada Day Cruise to Cobourg Marina
- July 7 - Bites on Boats at NYC
- July 14 & 15 - Kid's Cruise to Island Yacht Club *Pirate Themed!*
- July 21 & 22 - Cruise to Bronte Harbour Marina
- August 4 to 6 - TBA
- August 18 - Poker Run at NYC
- August 25 & 26 - Commodore's Cruise to Port Credit Yacht Club
- September 1 to 3 - Labour Day Cruise to Royal Hamilton Yacht Club
- September 8 & 9 - Cruise to Lakeshore Yacht Club
- September 15 & 16 - Cruise to Cathedral Bluffs Yacht Club
- September 29 - Fall Around the Island Cruise at NYC
Both sail and power boats are welcome. Registration is required because space must be arranged at the destination club. To register fill out the sign-up sheets on the bulletin board near the washrooms
For more information about Club Cruising contact email@example.com.
National Yacht Club is not just a place for boat owners. For members who enjoy cruising, but don't have boats, the club has developed a program to enable them to participate in casual, weeknight cruising. Join the Weeknight Cruising Program to sign up for a cruise!