PLEASE NOTE: We are fully booked from September 1 to 6, 2016 and will not be accepting any additional reciprocal cruisers.
The National Yacht Club allows for a unique cruising environment. Members can make extended journeys throughout the Great Lakes, the St Lawrence and beyond. Reciprocity with other yacht clubs means that NYC welcomes guests from other clubs. In exchange, our members enjoy the services and hospitality of a large network of clubs around the lakes.
On NYC Club Cruises an organized flotilla of boats sail to another Yacht Club for a 1,2 or 3 day weekend of sailing, fun and frolic. Typically, we set sail on Saturday morning to arrive at the destination in time for a 4:00 pm pot luck hors d’oeuvres party. On the final day of the cruise we sail back to NYC after an on-board breakfast or after having breakfast in the dining room of the host club. In between, the schedule might include a group BBQ, a banquet at a restaurant, a potluck dessert table, patio dancing, costume or boat decoration competitions, shopping, swimming, a winery tour or live theatre, depending on the venue.
- Saturday June 4th, NOON – Cruising Bulletin Board
2016 Cruising Schedule
- June 4 – Sailpast at NYC
- June 11 – NYC Summer Social at NYC Click Here for Details
- June 18 – Annual Sail for Burn Survivors
- June 25 & 26 – Cruise to Cathedral Bluffs Yacht Club
- July 16 & 17 – Cruise to Bronte Harbour Yacht Club
- July 23 & 24 – *Kids Cruise* – Island Yacht Club
- July 29 to August 1- Cruise to Cobourg Yacht Club and beyond…
- August 13 – *Kids Cruise* to Port Credit Yacht Club
- August 20 & 21 – *Commodore’s Cruise* to Mimico Cruising Club
- August 27 & 28 – Cruise to Oakville Yacht Squadron
- September 3 to 5 – Cruise to Newport Yacht Club
- September 24 & 25 – Cruise to Lakeshore Yacht Club
2016 Incoming Cruises to NYC
- July 1 to 3 – The Oakville Club to NYC
- July 29 to August 1 – Royal Hamilton Yacht Club to NYC
- August 27 to 28 – Oakville Yacht Squadron to NYC
- September 3 to 5 – Newport Yacht Club, Tuscarora Yacht Club & Royal Hamilton Yacht Club to NYC
- September 24 to 25 – Lakeshore Yacht Club to NYC
Both sail and power boats are welcome. Registration is required because space must be arranged at the destination club. To register fill out the sign-up sheets on the bulletin board near the washrooms in the club. Watch for announcements.
In addition, there will be some cruises sponsored by individual members. This year we are urging boats with available separate berths to invite crew members, particularly new crew members, to join them on the cruises. To facilitate this, information/mingle/reception events will be held in the spring. Watch for announcements.
For more information about Club Cruising contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Yacht Club is not just a place for boat owners. For members who enjoy cruising, but don’t have boats, the club has developed a programme to enable them to participate in casual, weeknight cruising. Join the weeknight cruising to sign up for a cruise!