Toronto Power Vessel Operators Permit (Harbour License)
Open to Non-MembersThe Practices and Procedures of the Toronto Port Authority state that a person operating a power driven vessel in the waters of the Port and Harbour of Toronto must be in possession of valid marine certification recognized by Transport Canada and the Toronto Port Authority. The Toronto Port Authority Operators Permit for Power Driven Vessels is a one-evening course involving an on-water test followed by in-class instruction and a written test. The National Yacht Club provides a 16-foot powerboat for the use of students during their on-water examination.
- Option #1 - Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM *FULL*
- Option #2 - Monday, June 4th, 2018 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM *FULL*
- Option #3 - Tuesday, June 26th, 2018 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM *FULL*
- Option #4 - Monday, July 9th, 2018 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM *FULL*
- Option #5 - Tuesday, July 17th, 2018 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM *NEW SESSION!*
- $60 + HST
Marine Radio Course with DSC - ROC(M) Certification
Open to Non-Members
Provided by the Toronto Canadian Power and Sail Squadron exclusively for National Yacht Club
The Maritime Radio course teaches emergency radio procedures and everyday operating techniques. Learn all about the uses of marine radios, choice of frequencies, operation, phonetic alphabet, procedural words and phrases, as well as Digital Selective Calling and the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System, (DSC/GMDSS).
All mariners, including recreational boaters, will want to take advantage of the many features and capabilities of this innovative form “automatic” radio. Secure your lifeline. Be sure that you and your family take the Maritime Radio course.
This complete package with CD, and Digital Selective Calling, will prepare you for the Restricted Operator Certificate (Maritime) with DSC Endorsement exam. An e-book version of the student’s notes is available for a $5 discount on the course fee, so indicate your preference when signing up!
To operate a maritime radio, you need the certificate. It's the law!
Some reading and memorization is required prior to the course.
This course also can be taken to upgrade your licence to include DSC endorsement.
- Saturday, June 2nd, 2018 from 9 AM to 3 PM
- Registration Deadline - Friday, May 25, 2018 - Text books should be picked up 2 weeks prior to the course, but no later than May 25th.
- $105 + HST or $100 + HST if you opt for the e-book
Please click on the link above and fill out the registration form. Completed forms can be dropped off at the Club Office, faxed to 416-260-8780 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions?: Call Programs & Marketing Coordinator Amelia Leeksma at 416-260-8686 ext 32.
Boating Basics - PCOC Course
Open to Non-MembersProvided by the Toronto Canadian Power and Sail Squadron exclusively for National Yacht Club All operators of motorized pleasure craft are required to show proof of operator competency. To get your Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC), you need to write a test approved by Transport Canada. All you need to know for your test is presented by knowledgeable instructors in an easy format that is both informative and entertaining. You can be confident in knowing that this course meets all the standards established by Transport Canada’s Office of Boating Safety. On successful passing the exam offered by Canadian Power & Sail Squadrons, your Card is recognized by BOTH Transport Canada and The National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (USA). Course includes textbook and certification exam. Some reading and memorization is required prior to the course.
- Saturday, March 24, 2018 from 9 AM to 3 PM
- Registration Deadline March 19, 2018 - Text books should be picked up 2 weeks prior to the course, but no later than March 19th.
- $80 + HST or $75 + HST if you opt for the e-book