Race Committee The VC Fleet (Bob Magtanong) and all his volunteers did a remarkable job through out the season. With support like this we can look forward to bigger and better events in the coming years. Thank you Stephen. I hear we have scored another big regatta at the NYC for next year. Our regatta schedule is growing:
- Toronto and Area Hospice Regatta
- C&C Owners’ Regatta
- The National Event (Performance Dinghy Regatta)
- Shark Gold Cup Regatta
- Star Fleet Qualifier Regatta
- Albacore World Championships
- Beneteau First 36.7 North American Championship
- Cruising Committee Russell Leve organized the commodore’s cruise, which was still well attended although the weather left a lot to be desired. We can only hope for a more pleasant and drier weekend next year. It was a great year for organized and holiday cruising alike.
- Launch/Haulout Committee Karen and Trevor’s team are well into the planning and organizing stages for the main event in the fall. This committee does a wonderful painstaking job involving a great number of volunteers from all categories of membership. We can all rest assured that our boats will be safely stored for the winter.
- Website Committee Dan Clouthier VC Marketing envisioned the electronic newsletter that now appears on our website. His team created the new format of club communications, which will be updated as news items surface. This is an exciting time in the ongoing growth of our club. I am looking forward to seeing articles and comments from our membership on this new resource.
by Henry Piersig, Commodore What a wonderful summer we had! The wind gods were feisty at times helping to contribute to the economy and we had an abundance of sunshine unlike last year! The summer was a busy one for the Board and its Committees with many thanks going out to our super volunteers who organized many successful racing and cruising events.