(An earlier version of this story mis-reported the skipper of Stampede.)
We have met our goal! The 4th Annual Toronto Area Hospice Regatta, presented by Procom and The Shotgun Fund has raised $15,000 for Perram House, the residential hospice in downtown Toronto – taking the total raised over 4 years to over $100,000. Thank you to everyone who helped accomplish this – you should all be proud.
The two-day event, which wrapped up under sunny and breezy conditions Sunday June 19th, attracted 50 boats from eight One Design Classes.
The Race Committees were able to complete the maximum number of races proposed under ideal conditions and the results were announced during a ceremony at the NYC on Sunday.
The overall Regatta winner was Stampede, a J22 skippered by Kevin Brown.
The crew of Stampede will represent Toronto at the National Hospice Regatta Alliance Regatta of Champions to be helpd in St Petersburg, Florida in June of 2012.
Overall winners in each division are as follows:
- Beneteau 36.7 – First Today, skipper Gary Tisdale.
- Benetteau 10R – Zoom, skipper Rob Butler.
- C&C 115 – Act II, skipper Geoff Atkins
- J22 – Stampede, skipper Jeffrey Love
- Melges 24 – Presto, skipper Adam Burns.
- 2.4 Class – Chaos, skipper Allan Leibel
- Star Class – Grasshopper, skipper Brian McKay
- Melges 20 – Black Sheep, skipper Jon Messenger.
TAHR Organizing Committee