An NYC, AYC and CFSA Toronto Event for Racers, Cruisers and Powerboaters
This summer the Drain the Basin organising committee is please to introduce the first annual Drain the Basin Regatta. We are rejuvenating the National Yacht Club Annual Regatta to create an inclusive event for racers, cruisers and powerboaters in one big experience!
This NYC event will include:
· Casual and competitive racing & DTB trophies
· DTB Opti Basin challenge
· Cruisers can enjoy the “afternoon delight” cruise to a mystery location
· BBQ and party with live music by the Julian Taylor Band
· The Polar Vortex - a new NYC house concoction, created just for this event
· Great sponsor give aways
Planning is well underway to ensure that this will be a fantastic regatta and successful event on the water and shore-side. Let’s get everyone off the dock to enjoy some friendly competition and socializing with family and friends!
What’s Happening on the Water?
The DTB Regatta will run two courses on July 19. There will be a windward/leeward course
with spinnaker and white sail starts for those who prefer the competitive racing of week night club or weekend racing.
If you are looking for a more relaxed fun race we will have a pursuit course
where the start is staggered with the slowest boat starting first and the fastest boat starting last. Whoever finishes first wins! All boats wishing to participate must pre-register so the PHRF calculations can be completed before July 19. Attendance at the skippers meeting on July 19 at 10:00 am is mandatory as the starting sequence will be distributed at the meeting. Sailing instructions will be posted by July 17.
For those who want a little more on the water fun we will run a DTB Opti challenge when all boats return to the basin. People can paddle or sail their way to the finish! If you are looking to go cruising
– we invite you to try the “afternoon delight” cruise to a mystery spot with your friends, family and fellow cruisers for some socializing and fun events to fill your afternoon.
Awards will be given for first, second and third for all fleets –with special prize award for the best dressed crew!