1896 – To ensure NYC remained a top tier Lake Ontario racing Club, a decision was made to increase membership from 70 to a goal of 100. The normal Entrance Fee of $5 was waived and Membership Fees remained at $ 3 per annum. The Board gave $100 to be used as cash prizes for race events. The Club reached 125 members by July and flourished for some years with the many new members and the keen, enhanced racing activity.
1904 – A Grand Opening party was held to celebrate a relocated, renovated Club house. Members had constructed new cribs and moved the building over the harbour ice in January to its new location on the east side of Queens Wharf.
1916 – Activities around the Club were at quite a lull with 75 members serving overseas in World War One.
1921 – A Junior Section was created for boys: a precursor to the Junior Club established in the 1950’s.
1988 – The Take Notice Team launches the first ever NYC-based campaign bid for the Canada’s Cup.
Wayne Mullins, Past Commodore and NYC’s Honorary Historian