Why the Club Collects Personal Information.
In the course of its non-commercial operations, the Club collects information that enables it to function effectively and efficiently as a Club, and in the course of those operations potentially considered as commercial, it collects personal information necessary to administer its programmes and ensure suitability or fitness of applicants for participation in those programmes.
Disclosure of Information
The Club does not barter, sell, or trade your personal information. In order to operate as a Club, certain of your personal information is made available to: other members and non-members participating in Club programmes or in restaurant or entertainment operations, or to guests of members brought on the Club's premises, by way of an available membership directory that is also mailed to members; other members, on request by those members, who may request addresses, e-mail addresses and information regarding skills, talents and expertise. the Club through its officers and directors and committee chairs to assist the Club in the running of its operations.
Situations in which your personal information or some of it might be disclosed to other parties are:
- a guest of any member has access to a membership directory maintained on Club premises;
- if we are required by law to do so;
- if the Club engages third parties to provide administrative services, such as computer technological services;
- if we are required to collect an account;
- where it might be necessary in an emergency involving personal safety
Information acquired as a result of discipline proceedings is not disclosed to anyone except in accordance with the by-laws of the Club.
Security of Your Personal Information
The Club takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, which include:
- Destroying your personal information after you cease to be a member or participant in a club program, unless you request the Club to maintain it or unless it is required to collect an unpaid account
- Ensuring the physical security of the location where the information is kept
- Restricting access to files;
- Employing technological safeguards including passwords, security software and firewalls;
- Requiring employees who may come into possession of your personal information to sign confidentiality agreements.
Accuracy of and Access to Your Personal Information
The Club considers that it is important to have correct and up to date personal information about its members and will respond to any request you may make to access or correct the personal information we hold about you. Detailed requests that require retrieval costs may be subject to a fee and we may deny access where the request is frivolous or vexatious.
National Yacht Club ,
1 Stadium Road,