NYC Summer Social
Saturday, June 24th, 2017
SUMMER SOCIAL 2017 - RECAP
On June 24th fun was had by all at the 3rd Annual NYC Summer Social. Once again we had a robust turnout for the Pursuit Races both spinnaker and white sail and of course our jaunty cruising fleet on David George’s again brilliant on water Scavenger Hunt.
The day was a huge success! The wind and weather cooperated and everyone had a fantastic time. The objective of the day was to simply get as many members as possible out to have some fun on the water and then some good old club camaraderie afterword. There were several vendors on hand, and literally dozens of draw prizes. As always, the Ice Cream truck was a crowd favourite and this year we had 6 massage therapists in attendance doing fee massages to our weary crowd.
We would like to once again thank all of our great sponsors for their support to our club. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and also to the many volunteers and our great staff who worked hard to make the day a great success. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you. We look forward to seeing everyone out again next year which will of course be even bigger and better.
2017 RESULTS & PICTURES
The winners of the events held on the day were:Pursuit Race Spinnaker
- 1st Place – Kevin Brown – Notorious
- 2nd Place – Trudy Murphy - Feisty
- 3rd Place – Lawrence Alexander – Jiggers
- 1st Place – Andrew James - Papillion
- 2nd Place – Bruce Spragg – II XS
- 3rd Place – Mike Brown – Windburn
- 1st Place – Anthony Kovachis - Marant
- 2nd Place – Jasmine Lovric - Alibi
- 3rd Place – Chris Killey – Sightseer II
View pictures of the 2017 Summer Social here!
Again, thanks to all who participated and we will look forward to seeing you all again next year.
- Scott Blair + Zoe Adrian
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Let’s get everyone off the docks to enjoy some friendly competition and socializing! All NYC racers, cruisers and power squadron should come on out for a great day on and off the water.
Enjoy on the water activities and/or competition (pursuit race or the water scavenger hunt) then back to the club for fun and games, draw prizes, vendor demos, and BBQ. Cheer on your skipper or crew mate in the Opti challenge. Top it off with a dipped cone from the Ice Cream Truck and your day will be complete!
Be sure to mark the date in your calendar and invite friends, family and crew to enjoy the day. Fun for all and all for fun!
On the Lake Scavenger Hunt
The Opti Challenge
Sponsor demonstration and give-aways
If you are having any problems with online registration please contact Amelia by phone at 416-260-8686 ext 32 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 RESULTS & PICTURESP3C Cruise
- 1st Place – Bruce Brown – Atreides
- 2nd Place – Neil MacMillan – Solstice
- 3rd Place – Trevor – Gypsy
- 1st Place – Denys Jones – Carpe Ventus
- 2nd Place – Mike Brown – Windburn
- 3rd Place – Bruce Spragg – II XS
- 1st Place – Brian McKay – Grasshopper
- 2nd Place – Russell Hopper – Crazy Horse
- 3rd Place – Richard Reid – Zingara
View pictures from the 2016 Summer Social here!