NYC Summer Social
Saturday, June 23rd, 2018
Get off the dock and enjoy some friendly competition and socializing at NYC’s 4th Annual Summer Social! All NYC racers, cruisers and power squadron are invited to come on out for a great day on and off the water.
Something for Everyone!
Pursuit Race – Sail boats of all sizes are invited to participate in this exciting and fun “catch-up” style race, where the slower boats get a head start on the competition.
On The Lake Scavenger Hunt – Power boaters or sailors who prefer to take a leisurely cruise will be sure to have an adventure deciphering these tricky poems.
On Shore Activities – After the morning’s on-water activities gather at the club for fun and games, draw prizes, vendor demos and giveaways, lawn games and a delicious BBQ. Top it off with a dipped cone from the Ice Cream Truck and your day will be complete!
Schedule of Events:
- 10:30 – 11:45 – Check In & Race Materials Pick Up, Lobby
- 11:45 – Skippers Meeting, Chartroom
- 1:15 – 3:30 – On Water Scavenger Hunt or Pursuit Race
- 3:30 – 5:30 – Opti Challenge, NYC Basin
- 3:30 – 5:30 – Massage Tables, Vendor Demonstrations, Games, Popcorn, West Lawn
- 4:00 – 7:00 – DJ, Limbo Contest & Games, Lower Deck
- 5:30 – Awards Presentation & Raffle Giveaway, Lower Deck
- 5:00 – 6:30 – BBQ Dinner, Lower Deck $30.00 – Steak, Baked Potato, Corn on the Cob and Salad
Registration & Event Documents:
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY!
2017 Summer Social Recap
On June 24th fun was had by all at the 3rd Annual NYC Summer Social. Once again we had a robust turnout for the Pursuit Races both spinnaker and white sail and of course our jaunty cruising fleet on David George’s again brilliant on water Scavenger Hunt.
The day was a huge success! The wind and weather cooperated and everyone had a fantastic time. The objective of the day was to simply get as many members as possible out to have some fun on the water and then some good old club camaraderie afterword. There were several vendors on hand, and literally dozens of draw prizes. As always, the Ice Cream truck was a crowd favourite and this year we had 6 massage therapists in attendance doing fee massages to our weary crowd.
We would like to once again thank all of our great sponsors for their support to our club. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and also to the many volunteers and our great staff who worked hard to make the day a great success. Again, thank you, thank you, thank you. We look forward to seeing everyone out again next year which will of course be even bigger and better.
The winners of the events held on the day were:
Pursuit Race Spinnaker
- 1st Place – Kevin Brown – Notorious
- 2nd Place – Trudy Murphy – Feisty
- 3rd Place – Lawrence Alexander – Jiggers
Pursuit Race White Sail
- 1st Place – Andrew James – Papillion
- 2nd Place – Bruce Spragg – II XS
- 3rd Place – Mike Brown – Windburn
L+P2 Cruise Event
- 1st Place – Anthony Kovachis – Marant
- 2nd Place – Jasmine Lovric – Alibi
- 3rd Place – Chris Killey – Sightseer II