Regattas are a fabulous way to test your racing skills as well as the ability of your boat and crew. They give you more options in terms of your competitors, courses and, depending on the type of boat you own you might enjoy class level racing, or PHRF racing. Either way, they're sure to be filled with fun and excitement.
Not only are regattas great fun on the water, they also include many shore-side activities for after the race. With the anticipation building towards the final announcements of results, you won't want to miss a thing! National Yacht Club participates in many regattas throughout the year and hosts many others. Even if you don't race on a boat, volunteering at a regatta is a great way to experience the excitement this great sport has to offer.
Regattas hosted by NYC
- Toronto Area Hospice Regatta: June 15 & 16, 2013
- C&C Owners Regatta & Rendezvous: June 29 & 30, 2013
- Shark North Americans: June 29-July 1, 2013
- The National Event: July 13 & 14, 2013
- LYRA: July 29-August 4, 2013
- J22 Canadian Championships: August 10 & 11, 2013
For other local regattas please refer to the calendar in the Events Handbook.